Thursday, July 07, 2005


So I thought I'd probably be a little lame with this, but not THIS lame. Have not managed to post in how long?

The knitting has been at a slow chug, however the cocktails aren't seeming to suffer. Still in a vodka and gin phase - the pink lemonade, lime and either is hard to beat. On a hot day, add a little seltzer! Mmmmm. Also having a few shandies - half beer, half lemonade. Nice while doing gardening in the heat. Got a little thermos-y thing to bring a few of the above to our local swimming beach some afternoon - will be awesome!

But my babycocktail partner (let's call her G) is now away till the end of July - am distraught, understandably. Must find another sympathetic local Mom to share afternoon treats with till G returns....

Anyways, have been very distracted with yarn gathering - between some local sales at my LYSs, ebay, and the knitty board I've used up my knitting time and/or blogging time getting yarn - has been pretty fruitful, but now I have to get going and make some stuff to justify the time and energy (not to mention $$) spent!

So, started a couple of things - a tank from Katia 44 (which I didn't even know was Katia 44 until poor Tesoro went looking for it...). It's a pretty simple tank, but has a cool bind off - invisible, and you use a needle to "sew" it instead of knitting it. It also has a bunch of crocheted flowers for straps - kind of different and summery. Am now on the straps.

See below - not sure if I want to introduce a second color on the flowers or not...














I've also been working on a little shawl out of a beautiful yarn my Mom brought me from SF - the artfibers store there has some amazing stuff - I already finished the tangled roses purse out of their Tesla yarn - this one is a mix of ribbon and cotton in really cool colors - think I can use it as a wrap if I ever go anywhere dressy again....


So that's the latest from here - have a few other summer batches of yarn, but not sure what to make of 'em yet - any ideas? email me.

I've tried to swap the linen a few times, but it's looking like I'm meant to own it, so.. a shawl? Trim on another tank? It's pretty fine, lace would work well but I can't do lace - or haven't really tried. For now, will keep busy with crocheted flowers and see what comes up

4 comments:

Colleen said...

Thea,

Welcome to Blogland! How did I not discover your blog until today?

Katie said...

You could maybe make a belt from the linen, like the one in the new Knitty? Also, speaking as a fellow Arlington mom with a 1 and almost 6 year old, I'd advise putting off lacework until the kids are older. Once I decided that I became much more agreeable.

Rachel said...

I am knitting a garter shaply shawlette type thing in a sport weight euroflax linen right now on US9. Really loving how it is turning out, too bad it is for a gift

Thea said...

yeah, but once you figure out what you like in the gift one, make another for yourself and use the learning curve!