Wednesday, July 20, 2005

So - finally got the photos of my crazy Noro Poncho and my easy easy easy easy easy shawl - am done fighting with my reflection in the mirror and patio door, so here's what happens when my daughter takes a photo:

Keep in mind it took almost 20 minutes to get this gem. I have a few lovely shots of my shorts, my neck and head, my left hand and the TV. I'll spare you the upload time.

I do like the shape of the thing (shawl, not photo) It drapes and falls in the right places and is just long enough to tie - and it was the easiest thing I think I've knit since my first scarf. Start with 3 sts and increase one on each side every row till you bind off. It's actually my step mother in law's recipe - she's been knitting the things and selling 'em in rural CT apparently. Big hit.



And here's what happens when I ask my husband to step in and take the shot for me while my daughter pouts and whines in the background: Note my strained smile...



Ah well. For a close up of the yarn, see a few blog entries back. It's kind of cool - ribbon and cotton mixed in greens blues & purples - Artfibers SF does it again - they have such cool stuff.

And now, here's the Noro Lily poncho I mentioned a few days ago, don't know if the photo does the crazy colors justice, but I love 'em. They look pretty muted here. They aren't so much. Lumay, who gave me the yarn in a swap, had originally described it as what it would look like if a clown on acid threw up. I'm thinking she's pretty on target. Not something we'll wear mid winter with a pasty Boston complexion...

In this shot, the kids are asleep, so my smile is much more real. Have again used husband as photographer. He was kind enough to point out to me that my camera has a self timer option. He was only minimally condescending while doing so. Actually he could barely keep from mocking me outright, but it's a known quantity around here that I'm a technical idiot. Go back to the fact I actually thought the digital camera was defunct when the charger was dead (which it really was) but really - I had never seen the little trap door at the bottom that said AA batteries. Whatever. Not a surprise I didn't know about the self timer. And yes, I do have the manual. Never read 'em. That's what my husband is FOR! Besides it makes him happy to tell me stuff like that...

The smile is also because I have a #9 on the table next to me, aaaah. No cocktails tonight, Magic Hat's done all the work. Back to the knitting. This was one of those big rectangles you attach together, so it can be straight across or have a triangle in front, side or back - with this fabulous outfit, I chose side.

And - as if I hadn't entertained you enough already with this blog entry full o photos - another follows. My Knitty Man Sweater in Debbie Bliss - a little boring as time goes on, but a cool manly yarn and pattern. I'm going to change the whole neckline around, so stay tuned for when I really fuck it up and begin frogging (and asking for advice...) probably another week till then!

1 comments:

alison said...

Great poncho and wrap! I totally have pictures of that from my first few years of knitting. I had to crop out my face half the time, because I was watching one (or two!) kids throw tantrums behind hubby!