Tuesday, August 23, 2005


Not usually - but hey.

This is more like it.

Baby girl asleep.
Big girl at camp.

and me... knitting on the deck in the shade.

Most importantly, knitting with the right color yarn this time. Got both sleeves in the works and on a clip but then..

Couldn't help myself - went inside and chowed down a bag of Chex Mix. I bought a Costco case of it for my daughter's school and camp, and can't seem to keep my mitts off the stuff. Unfortunately theres about 48 bags left. I'll try and make sure the kids get a few.

All that salty goodness makes you extra thirsty.

So I went inside to make a drink. Don't worry it's not a cocktail - would be persona non grata on the playground if I couldn't wait till afternoon for one of those. (at least on a weekday, when hanging out alone) Am already shunned enough - as some of you know...

But doesn't it look pretty?

Cherry cider and seltzer w/ lime. Although I have had it with vodka, pretty good. Hubby likes it with Rum - he swears all fruit juice goes with rum (not so sure of that myself - he ruined a perfectly tasty peach and banana smoothie a week ago...), and my friend Stephanie thinks this goes w/ gin. So pick your poison - the Cherry Cider is from Trader Joes and it's amazing.

Anyways, the above scenario lasted almost two hours - unheard of around here - until the construction truck pulled in to our neighbors yard and Zoe woke up.

And as if all that wasn't great enough, I now have these:



Koigu like goodness from Ebay. What to make of em if you don't do socks? Any suggestions? Mabye mittens?

2 comments:

Bethany said...

Mmmm.. the drink looks delish!

I think I might be one of the few people in the universe who has not used Koigu yet. Bad! I'm wondering if you could substitute it for the Fleece Artist Merino recommended for Sivia Harding's Diamond Fantasy scarf. I'm not sure of the gauge, but the Fleece Artist Merino is mostly used for socks. At least that is what it is advertised as.

http://members.shaw.ca/siviaharding/Diamonds2.html

Dani said...

ooh, I love the new Koigu! Gotta love knitting on the porch in the shade with a good drink... You should come on over someday and we can have a little shindig in my backyard!