Monday, September 05, 2005

Well it's been a bit. Have been knitting, I promise. In fact, knitting more when not surfing the web - funny how that works...

But have been knitting in navy blue and black. Neither photographs well, so really, why go through the effort?

But trust me, almost done.

The Husband sweater is finally chugging along. Up to the neck, and almost ready to begin a V (he's decided he doesn't want the Saranac neck, so I'm off on my own again. Must figure out some math and am putting THAT off for a few) Have a half a skein left of my dark denim and have ordered a couple more from the knitting garden. So the yarn saga continues.

The DB Denim Cotton is beautiful to work with though - am happy to think so on my 2osomethingish row of 430 stitches around... He's going to love the thing once done. It's soft and drapey and looks wonderful in the garter rib. Don't think I've ever loved/hated a project so much yet!

I'll make him pose in the final product for a blogshot and you (again, whoever YOU are) can tell me if it's worth the journey ---- and the 200 bucks..

My other project is the Rowan Cork cabled cardigan - Maggie? Why are they all named like people? In black. Has the potential to be my favorite fall sweater, so am excited to be cruising along on it. Only one week in and already have the back done and half one side - makes me want to do more and more and more cables...

Hopefully the Aurora 8 will arrive soon and I can satisfy that itch with my Vogue sweater soon. Mmmmm.

Besides the non photographing projects, have many other valid excuses for the blog blip - Hanging out with the family, read Harry Potter 6 (well worth the time!) and went on a few end of summer excursions - to visit friends in CT and on the Cape, had guests here and are scurrying around Target for back to school basics... just a few more days and back to 1st grade!!!!!

Anyways, will sign off for now - give me a week and I'll get the Saranac done - will move onto a fabulous photogenic project!

0 comments: