Wednesday, December 07, 2005


The siren song of the knitting basket has won out again. Am almost done with Xs and Os, should be able to post a finished shot tomorrow of Maya in her new sweater. It fits great, a surprise since I made the 2-3 yr size and fudged the gauge to m y thicker yarn. I just need to seam up the sides.

Here's a little progress with my Aurora 8. Soon to be Debbie Bliss's Grace, with a few mods - less ribbing along the front, shorter and with some shaping at the waist. We'll see...

You can't really see the color here - it's more of a shocking purple, which to be honest, I'm not too keen on. But the yarn is so amazing to knit with, I'm willing to overlook the color. It was meant to be the bright purple sweater from Fall Vogue - then I switched to plan B here. Hence the electric grape. I'll wear it. I will. The cables are fun since they're all different. Not boring at all.

I have two hats in the works for when concentration isn't in the cards. I'll post shots of those when I get the XO done.

0 comments: