Friday, January 27, 2006

The Lorna's Laces was a quick knit - and the zig zags were easy and fun. I took the pattern from Scarf Style - the formula from the back of the book, which was really simple - the LL was just a little too short for the scarf - even at kid length, so I added some stripes. And instead of pom poms, we went with tassels - since they look more like pony tails, I am told. Apparently life has a unicorn theme these days.

Am now moving on to my next recent purchase - the Malabrigo. This stuff is a new favorite - the same beautiful colors as Manos, but even softer. I am making Coronet - the cabled hat from Knitty. (If I was really inspired, I'd have added a link there, sorry.) The skein seems huge, so there might be a coordinating scarf next.

Once I finish these few small projects, I'll get back to Grace. Just needed a short break before I begin the back!


Danielle said...

I think the scarf turned out really well! The stripes really draw your eye to the scarf but don't look out of place at all. It's so cute! Yay for inovation!

Ruth said...

I loooooove Malabrigio. I made a hat out of it earlier this month ... the hat was a failure, but the yarn incredible. I can't wait to use it again.

Colleen said...

Mmmm, Malabrigo!!

I like that scarf. Good colors--perfect for the aspiring unicorn :-).