Wednesday, February 08, 2006



So after much preparation, I am ready to move on to the Olympics without this hanging over my head. Grace, from Debbie Bliss, made out of Karabella Aurora 8 in #3 - shocking purple. (Don't think that's what they call it, but it's what it is.) Turned out great - if I could manage to take a good photo of it on my body, I would, but that's apparently not the plan today. Instead, here it is draped attractively over our barbeque. Since it's winter, I figure it's gotta be good for something these days... I completely recommend the Aurora 8 to anyone, it's really great - soft, even, and when you put it on , you can tell it won't be stretching out or anything (like that Cork did...)



And the thing I am MOST proud of, my shoulder seams. Everything lined up perfect and I managed to do a great job across the back and the shoulders. No stray threads, no bunchy bits, just a straight even seam on all fronts! But don't look too close under the arms.. By the way, this photo is pretty true to the color. The seam one.

And now, I'm moving on to my swatch. Said I wasn't swatching, but I had to see what it's like to knit on tiny needles. First I tried #3s. Pretty small. Vaguely annoying for the cast on. But the yarn seemed a little loose still. So, yep, I took the plunge. #1s. Hate em. Pointy little bendy needles. Stabby little fuckers. But can't argue with how much better the yarn looks. And this IS the Olympics, so a little pushing of the envelope right? Dani's yarn is looking very blue here, but it's actually a yellow, periwinkle, purple stripe. And it is extremely soft and delicate looking on these teeny little nemesis needles ---


Well, a few days break now. No use starting anything before Friday...... As for cocktails, I'm on an orange juice and Zicam diet these days. Goddammn cold won't go away. Check back in a few.

5 comments:

Pyewacket said...

Gorgeous sweater! Congrats. :)

strangelittlemama said...

That sweater is soooooo beautiful! Nice work!

Danielle said...

Your Grace looks stunning! I love that color and all of those cables. :)

Monica said...

It's beautiful and your seam is fab!

SG said...

The sweater is beautiful!! Nice work, great colour! :o)