Wednesday, February 15, 2006

One down, one to go! For all my bitching and moaning, I actually LIKED knitting this puppy - once I got the proper needles.... And they feel soooooooo good on my feet! Why do people wear socks bought at the mall??? (Probably because they don't cost $20 in yarn and another $7 in needles...)

And to my Knitsmith buddies, now I see what you're talking about. The whole sock thing....

Now halfway to the finish line, I can see the gold. Am thinking it might be too easy a goal though - these guys knit up fast. It does depend on the house projects remaining around here , but I could easily be done by Monday!
Days to spare....

So, with that in mind... I stopped by The Knitting
in East Arlington yesterday to get me a ball winder, (can't wait to use it!!!) and was easily swayed into

This:

For more socks. The colors are amazing - deep purples and oranges and blues on a dark maroon background. I added them to hubby's Valentines bag o spices from Penzey's and told him they'd be socks before long.

And by the way, if anyone reading lives near me in Boston, check out The Knitting Room! Jackie, one of the owners, is buying out her partner and going to go it on her own. Its her's as of the end of the month. She's great and the store is a really cozy spot to knit and shop around! I admit I tend to get my stuff everywhere, but I always try and stop there if it's something I know they have - they have a great selection of felting yarns, awesome stuff for baby projects, Malabrigo, Manos, Debbie Bliss, Noro - all kinds of stuff. We gotta support our local guys, right?

Off to work on sock #2!

2 comments:

Anna said...

I'm loving that self-striping! I've already let Dani know that I'm drooling! Hoping to be back at Knitsmiths over spring break. Feeling apathetic about law school today. Would rather be knitting.

Colleen said...

Yay! I can't wait to start my socks with Dani's yarn!

Yeah, even *I* must admit that handknit socks are da bomb.