Wednesday, March 29, 2006

We lost our first tooth!

And the newest wool related news around here is this.

We finally ditched the $29.99 rug that I bought from Busvan for Bargains in San Francisco - when I graduated from college. That means we 've been using it since 1991, when I bought it for my first apartment in San Francisco. That thing was fugly. And you can imagine what was ground into it's little fibers. Many cocktails. Lots of snacks. Two babies. Many diapers. And more diapers. Eeeeeew. It wasn't even that nice to begin with.

But this - this, we love.
Unfortunately we'll be wrapping the children in stain proof saran wrap for a few years.

As for actual knitting, we've been outside a lot lately - and Hourglass isn't in a portable state these days. But I am up to the yoke (yay). Three skeins left. Should make it.

Have an extra kid here this AM so am hoping they play nice and I can get some yoking done! Will even take the navy blue photo if I have some yoke completed. I may have to do some additional body though, it looks way short -

Also am getting ready to begin the next project - about which I am sooo excited. It's not for me. It's for my Mom. ... more on that later, but in the meantime, here's a preview:

Noro Silk Garden in Greens, Grays and Blues. Mmmm.

I've been spoiled. The skeins aren't half as pretty when not wound into their center pull balls!


alison said...

Awwww, another first tooth lost. I love their proud little smiles when that first tooth goes. :)