Monday, May 01, 2006

The first item, Reese's Knit Honey Worsted in "dirty greens". The photo doesn't do the purples and blues justice, but they are there too. What more could a girl want?


Maybe stitch markers and a really cool corseted label.




The second, a big old batch of Debbie Bliss DK Cotton in a dark teal. Going to be another Green Gable, but for me this time...



And ta da! Mom's finished Noro sweater. I made a V neck cardigan with i cord ties out of a turtleneck pattern. Don't pay attention to the fit, since it's not for me. We're about the same as far as length, but the shoulders, arms and body are a little different. I think she'll dig it.




















Missed Knitsmiths yesterday, . but heard it was a big, crazy day.
Will keep checking in and wait to see what Alison posts on the KS site!

5 comments:

Nik said...

i have imposed sanctions on myself. i cannot buy yarn of any kind until i've put a good dent in my stash. but your pictures of yarn are tempting me so...

glenna <> said...

I love the sweater. You did a fantastic job. glenna <><

Monica said...

Great job on the sweater! I've gotten carried away with purchases lately. In my defense, four words: closing sale, tax refund.

colleen said...

Great job on the sweater! I love it!

Reese said...

i honest to god added you to my bloglines a few weeks ago, only to find that you were not indeed added! i have a problem with not hitting that button "subscribe" on the last page after choosing a feed and all that. i was wondering why you never showed up in my bloglines, thinking that you never updated, but here i am being a dunce! oops.

wow, that noro sweater is GORGEOUS! i love the striping on it and the scalloped lower section. very cute!

hehe, and thanks for blogging about my yarn!