Sunday, June 25, 2006

And then off again. Here are Grandma's finished socks. These are my second pair ever, so don't look TOO closely. I'm still learning some lessons. Like how to pick up along the sides of the heel flap. They're fine. A few mistakes that would bug me, but Grandma isn't a knitter. She'll never see them. I did a good job with the kitchner, which I thought I'd royally F up so I can walk away feeling good!

Grandma will LOVE them - and since they're Grandmaflage, they'll match pretty much everything she owns.



Now that I'm a veteran sock knitter, I'm tackling a real sock. One with detail. These are Interweave Knits Simply Lovely Lace Socks in a Regia colorway I loved. They are for a friend who's in the hospital on bedrest - something to jazz up that paper gown, right? So far I'm at the end of the first heel flap. Planning to finish em in New Jersey....

My camera SUCKS so you have to use your imagination and pretend it's in focus. I'm seeing an increasing problem here with this shitty camera. Could be it's time for me to actually buy my own!

In other news, This has been taking up lots of our time......


3 comments:

Jofrog said...

Way to go pushing through those socks that you really didn't want to work on. And double woo hoo for potty time!

Miss Tonia said...

The Grandmaflage look great. And you'll love the IK Simply Lovely Lace sock pattern. I have done 2 pairs in that so far, and am planning a 3rd, it's a great pattern. And, if you ever want to try short row heels, the Twisted Sisters Workbook has a great technique.

And potty training can be so liberating, can't it?

Reese said...

The socks look awesome! I like how the stripes are so matchy matchy! Great job on them.