Saturday, July 08, 2006

Some socks done and lots more hatching.....

Here are my finished Lovely Lace Socks in Regia sockyarn. I loved (as the name would suggest....) this pattern and I loved the yarn, which - of course - is quite a different color than in the photo here, but you get the idea. My camera apparently thought the socks should be more of a hot pink and blue theme. In reality they were more reds and peaches and blues. I have already sent them onto their owner, so I can't retake the photo -- but they do look nice this way too, so hey.

I got the Regia at The Knitting Room, which has just added a bunch of cool artyarns and Regia colorways to their sock collection... did they know I was entering a new phase??


And now that I'm kind of hooked (blame that magic loop, it's changed my life), here's the pile of Koigu I got from my Mom's. I'm loving the rainbow and green colorways. Am thinking the deep autumn color might end up a shawl, since I have a whole bunch o skeins worth.

Any simple lace shawl ideas? I am eyeing Icarus from the latest IK, but it might be a little beyond my ability.

And if that wasn't enough, here's what's arrived so far from my swaps! Two gorgeous colors of Opal and two of Lorna's Laces - I have one more skein of the blues, it's being wound. More is on the way too. Sock yarn is way addicting, and it takes up less room in the stash than all the worsted that's been sent out, so I barely feel gulty!

The red ones, "Flame" from Lorna's Laces, are burning a hole in my subconscious, so I think they'll be knit up first. Aren't they lovely? For once, my camera decided to honor the rules of the universe and show the yarn as it exists. Maybe even the camera liked the yarn?


But first, a quick fix on Craig's ruined cropped sweater, shown here in it's pre cropped form. I got a few skeins more of the DB Cotton Aran and will try and cover the belly button and reknit the trim. No man needs to show midriff in his sweaters... unless he's Boy George.

3 comments:

Larjmarj said...

Even Boy George should not show his midriff. Love the socks that you made great color and great pattern. Vented for summer!

jen said...

Sweater knitters amaze me. Such dedication. Such sticktoitiveness. I've been working on Durrow for three months and I'm not even halfway done. Thanks for the kind words about the lace shawl on my bloggy thing.

Is the cone of laceweight from the last post still around? I may be interested, if you've still got it.

mzjendashATyahooDOTca

Jofrog said...

OOoh, very nice sock yarns! Lorna's Laces "Flame" has been on my NEED TO HAVE list forever! Too bad I never picked any up when I had the opportunity. Pass on your leftovers and I'll make baby socks out of them!