Thursday, August 03, 2006

I did get a lot done on a few things out West, besides those baby hats. And we're having an "inside" day today since we're off to see the Lowell Spinners tonight, which means some Quality Knitting time for me. Here's what I've managed to finish up today....


Above are Interweave Knits Uptown Boot Socks, done in Lorna's Laces. Buck's Bar. I love these socks. I love this yarn, the pattern was a great easy knit, and they feel yummy. Even in 100 degree heat. So satisfying... now I'm putting them away till I get those new boots.



This guy is a simple baby hat done in a handspun I got at the Knitting Olympics Closing Ceremonies Swap. Not sure who made the handspun or what it's exactly made of, but I love the colors and the soft feel and thought it made a cool little baby hat. And since I am stocking up for all those new babies on the horizon, I know it'll have a home sometime this fall!

To continue the blue theme, I'm now spending the rest of the day fixing Craig's George Micheal Sweater. Thanks to Johanna, who painstakingly took the time to make sense out of the amazing mess I'd created by ripping, knitting, frogging, knitting and who-knows-what else. Many many thanks!!! (and your promised sock yarn already in a bag.)

Hopefully in a day or so, Craig's belly button will no longer have peek out over his jeans and under his sweater again. Unless it's an 80s costume party.

3 comments:

Jofrog said...

If Craig's belly button can be covered, and he'll wear the sweater, it was all worth it! ...and how could I pass up a chance at some FREE sock yarn?

colleen said...

I love that hat!

mf said...

Love the socks!