Wednesday, January 31, 2007

I'm up to a bunch of random stuff.

See the little guy in the pocket? He's a pocktepus - I may have posted about them before, but here they are in their natural habitat. One of them is supposed to live in the pocket of the sweater my Mom made for my older daughter years ago. Now the sweater fits Zoe, but the original pocktepus is gone, so I had to create a new one.

I took a pattern I found online - I'm sorry I can't remember who's blog it was from! It was of an egg. I made the egg and picked up stitches around the bottom for a bunch of little I cords. Fun and easy. He barely fits in the pocket, but the sweater is getting a whole new round of love since he's in there so as long as he can jam his tush in, we're happy!


And two more small projects.


A modified Nautilus hat from Marnie MacLean. Now that I can do the pattern, I'm having a little bit of fun with it. I took a skein of Noro Silk Garden and began the Nautilus pattern with the lace, but decided to stop it half way down and go with a solid hat. The stripes and the lace were looking a little busy. A few hours later, one hat. This one is for charity. I'm doing a whole bunch with my stray skeins.



And last, but not least, more Uptown Boot Socks. Out of Dani's Sunshine Yarn.
So soft and pretty. I still have not finished the second foot, but wanted to put the finished guy up for all to see! The colors are so vivid, I could have saved myself a bunch of time and bailed on the cable pattern, huh?


2 comments:

knitting bandit said...

Love your socks! I can't really see the cables so maybe you're right about skipping them! I love the pocket critters! They are so fun!

Gayle said...

I love the pocketpus. Looking at your girls, I am almost want to have one so that I could knit fun projects (notice, I say almost).
The hat is fantastic - great colors!