Thursday, February 15, 2007

I'm going to give it to my sister no matter what, but finished and flat on a table,
it's pretty cool. Makes me want to keep it.

I think I just love the yarn - and to be honest, it took less than 3 skeins to make the vest so,
I still have 7 left. Wanna bet I can find something more flattering for me. I was thinking Arianna, but I have some purple Rowan Harris Tweed I really want to make that out of.

Any ideas for Arcuania Nature Wool? Stuff you've seen knit up? A universally flattering pattern idea? Maybe it needs to be another Hourglass ( but yawn....) I think a V neck or tunic type neck might be good. Hmmmm.

The top shot is the REAL color. The ones below are darker for some reason.
But I wanted to show off the pretty details.

I love this ribbing in the pattern - twisted rib on the edging, and a purl row to set it apart. I've done ribbing a hundred times, but starting with a row of purls and doing the twisted rib really makes it look defined.

And a pretty bottom too. I love how cables begin!

By the way, Knitsmiths - Did I miss Shireen last week or is she coming next week????


Desiknitter said...

Wow, it's beautiful! I love the subtle changes of colour, they look like dappled sunlight on the yarn.Sometimes the yarn really brings familiar patterns to life in a different way, no?

(surfed to your blog via Knittyboard!)

Jofrog said...

Melissa will have to do a modeling shot! ...and Shireen will be in town this Sunday, so you'd better be there!

Zonda said...

That is gorgeous!! Sorry to hear it didn't fit you, but glad you didn't have to frog it! I think that is the first clothing item I've seen knit up with the Arcaunia...hmmm it's pretty cheap at my AC Moore's right now! :)

Gayle said...

I have been meaning to tell you how much I love vest and the color. So, if you are not crazy about the vest, give it to your sister, knowing you still have some wonderful green yarn.
P.S. hope to see you sunday.

knitten kitten said...

You are a better person than I. All that green lovliness would stay with me. At least you can make youself something with the remainder. Can't wait to see what it becomes.