Friday, March 16, 2007

Like my cool new wallet? I was picking up stuff for the school at a local store and it was right in front of me. Very springy, and look how it matches my bag. I had to do it.
I finished the scarf for the auction out of Dani's ex-yarn. Doing the little wrap Xs was cool, but not fun enough to make a whole scarf of them. The triple wraps are a little unweildy, although it's a very cool technique. Cables out of wraps. I figured the playground knitting called for simple garter stitch anyways, so X trim, garter scarf. It turned out great, and I'm thinking I might give it to a friend instead of donating it. The colors are pretty perfect for her, her birthday was Monday, and she admired it on the playground, so..... like my new wallet, some things are just too perfectly aligned not to be done.


And then some things are so wrong, you have to bail. I wasn't loving the Jo Sharp lace tank. Besides having doubts about the final fit on the vest, and the fact that no one seems to have knit it, so I can't get any of your feedback or opinions, I realize I just don't love knitting sweaters on little needles, and I'm not in the mood for cotton. So, it's back in the attic.

Instead, something from my NEW Jo Sharp Book. (by the way, Seed Stitch did have a copy waiting for me, but I didn't last a day without buying one first up here) I'm using my Rowan Harris Tweed for this, so it doesn't have to be a summer item exactly. The gauge is great and it feels good to be working with a sure fire fabulous yarn!

If anyne wants to swap for the 10 skeins of light gray Jo Sharp Cotton DK and Summer Book, comment me....

5 comments:

gabriella said...

hey thea - is this the jo sharp "saturday" book that you're looking to swap? if so, i'd be interested. i can't take the yarn off your hands because i don't have anything swappable that isn't planned for future use, and i'm trying not to buy more yarn (heh heh, we'll see how long that lasts...). let me know what you're looking for in terms of a swap on this book - i have the debbie bliss alpaca silk book, and a few others - or i could just pay you for the book. i think there were a bunch of things in this jo sharp i was interested in making (or at least thinking about making...haha). are you coming to ks this week? ~gabriella

Jofrog said...

Oooh, the new sweater is SO CUTE! I may just need to knit that too! Hmmm, could I make it to the LYS before the storm hits?

Gayle said...

The wallet is soooo cute! And your also in luck, we have more winter weather - so you don't have to think about knitting with cotton for at a few days.

Carol said...

The purple looks great but will the wool make the cardigan hang differently than a cotton one? Just asking as I was going to sub cotton for a wool pattern and was advised against it by the designer. (I may do it anyway!)

Colleen said...

We like the wallet.

And, yeah, totally loving that JoSharp knit.