Monday, May 21, 2007

My collection of various glassware - some of these are passed on from family or wedding gifts from years ago, but most of them are cool things I've found at flea markets and garage sales. It's almost as fun as hoarding yarn. And way cheaper.




Yesterday at Knitsmiths, it was brought to my attention that I haven't shared with you what I've been making in these guys lately. So I checked --- My last drink recipe was on Feb 6. Wow. Many apologies - the bar is stocked and has been in use. Really. Anyways, I was planning to to the tagging thing today, but instead, I figure I should give the people what they want, yes?
I guess the most interesting cocktails around here lately were the ones with The New Pear Vodka. Any of you who have cooking magazines will know what I mean. The ads were everywhere for months! And being a former ad guru, I had to cave to the highly visible campaign, didn't I? (But, being a stay at home Mom for the past 7 years, I can't recall the product's name - pathetic)
Anyways, I got the bottle of pear vodka and we did many experiments.
The best was an Apricot Pear Fizz -
Italian Pear Soda - from Trader Joes or Whole Foods - 1/2
Apricot Nectar - a little less than a 1/4
Pear Vodka - you figure how strong you like it!
Lime - slice and squeeze
It's a gorgeous day - go make one!


Later this week, I have tentative a Mojito Date with Dani. Maybe another recipe will come out of it, so stay tuned. The sun's back out and soon my deck chairs will be dry enough to sit on, so cocktail hour can return.....

Lastly, the knitting.

Jo Sharp's Summer Vest in Debbie Bliss Merino DK. Much better. When I began this in cotton, I realized it needed a little elasticity for fit. I love this stuff - but will need to purchase a skein or two before I finish - I have 5. I should need 6. We'll see how far I get. I also have heard I need to do some additional shoulder shaping, so we'll see how it goes when I get farther.

Jo Sharp cardigan is on the seaming list. will have a FO to show soon.....

2 comments:

Sara Spalding said...

Your vest is looking beautiful! I love the color.

And thanks for the cocktail recipe - I can't wait to try it!

-Sara

colleen said...

Hey, thanks! That sounds good.