Monday, June 04, 2007

Leftovers make a great little intarsia baby hat. There's a new baby in our family, and he lives in Chicago, so a warm hat will be key by fall. Made out of leftover Artyarns Supermerino, Colinette Jitterbug, and Interlacements Tiny Toes.


I just can't see letting all those soft and expensive tidbits go to waste.
And next to the hat modeling vase is a Plain Old Sock I've been working on too. Just a simple ribby one out of Regia, but a sock none the less.. One more sock yarn project in the works, this time it's going to be gloves --- I just can't see putting the gorgeous yarn under my boots this winter where no one can see it - --

4 comments:

Sarah-Hope said...

I don't know if it's the sort of thing you like for babies, but I have a new little hat pattern on MagKnits in case you're interested.

http://www.magknits.com/June07/patterns/sandia.htm

Isn't it wonderful when a new one shows up. I like to get in lots of holding and rocking before they get out of the "lump" stage.

Carol said...

You're so good at using up leftovers! Looks like a great hat. Hey, do you have one med-large button that would match sage green in your vintage collection? I'll trade you some sock leftovers!

colleen said...

The hat looks great! It's an incentive to save those bits of leftover sock yarn.

lisa b said...

wow...OK, now i know who to give all my scraps to...