Saturday, June 09, 2007

All it took was the taunting of the red yarn and - ta da!
One finished cardigan:

I decided to go for a little different effect on the neckline and didn't extend it over the button band. For some reason I like it. I wanted a little of a vintage-y feminine look, and I think I managed to accomplish same here. The little vintage buttons helped.
(and i just won another batch on Ebay, so more are on their way!)

Am looking forward to going back "on the grid" and working from a pattern next time, but this was fun and I see I DO know enough to design something that actually fits and looks alright. This may be a better way to go - as opposed to my usual routine of trying to fit square yarn into a triangle pattern. Maybe next time I'll also go from scratch?

And ahem, please pardon the saggy chest - it had been a long day in a strapless bra, and I wasn't going back, even if it means bad blog pics. You girls understand..... :-)

7 comments:

gabriella said...

oooh - it looks great thea! nice work - and good call on the neckline. :) ~gabriella

Melissa said...

It looks great!

Batty said...

Very pretty!

Kris said...

Very nice! :)

colleen said...

Oh wow! (Directed towards sweater, not chest.)

PlumStitches said...

The sweater looks great! BTW, I'm not that familiar with your chest, but I don't see anything sagging ;-)

Sarah-Hope said...

What a beautiful sweater! I'm impressed both by your knitting skills and your design sense. Congrats on a lovely piece of work!

Sarah-Hope
www.whatifknits.com