Friday, July 06, 2007

Just two days and .... one baby hat for an old High School friend. She was promised something pink and knitted.
I used leftover Cotton Fleece and my Knitting on the Edge book to make this up. Only took a few tries to decide on a pattern idea. It's one repeat of Cable and Lace, and stocking stitch for the rest of the hat. I was inspired by Alison's little lace number and had a desire to make something frilly and feminine.

I thought about adding some of my vintage buttons to the edging, but seems like I'm gilding the lily here....
She has another little girl, so see hat #2 below.
Sister Hats! This one gets two repeats of the pattern, so you can see the cables forming. But alas. I'm running out of yarn and don't want to change the color. That gratification might not be so instant after all.. The Knitting Room is closed till next week.
For anyone else thinking of a baby gift, have you seen Johanna's new booties?
She'll be selling them on Etsy ... check em out!

Perhaps back to the Frankensocks? Nope. I have an old tank top I want to revisit. I never did like the straps, and I have a batch of cream cotton perfect for the job. You can see it here. Weird little crocheted flowers. http://www.flickr.com/photos/babycocktails/230062271/ I think I'll be fixing that up next. It could be a good frequent flier. Nice and basic.

And here's Josephine out on the town. I am sooooo happy with this!! OK.... well, not OUT on the town. but in public anyways. Really, there were more adults in the other rooms.

5 comments:

Batty said...

Instant gratification is great when it comes to crafts!

Josephine looks fantastic on you.

Sarah-Hope said...

The buttons are cute, but best to hold off--you don't want to take the rap if baby decides to eat one.

:-)

Carol said...

My Interweave arrived today. Just deciding whether to cast on the Tuxedo top or Josephine. Too much yarn, too little time.

Kathy said...

Josephine looks fantastic -- love the color!

PlumStitches said...

cute hat and i love the buttons. that ice cream looks pretty good too...