Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Pictured below, my finished Josephine - out of 7 skeins of Rowan Glace. I think I'd have knit pretty much anything out of this yarn in this color, but I loved making this pattern. Just enough lace and details to keep it interesting but easily memorizable for knitting on the go (most the time).

I was concerned it would be too big - but it turned out OK. Not fully sure why, I think it has to do with the tie and the drape of the yarn. I find that the tighter I tie it, the skinnier I look. cool


Although much less interesting, here's the back.

I'm too busy to flip this now that I see it's sideways - but you can see how it fits below. We're about to go to the beach (note the bathing suit straps!) and the idea of going back upstairs to Maya's room is way too much to handle. It's the room with the best sun. Can you tell I'm sitting up but down on my knees? - she has the top of her mirror covered in stickers.

And on the beach, I plan to begin a pair of girly sister hats for a friend who's just had a baby girl. Thinking I'll use some of the leftover Cotton from Zoe's Rainbow Blanket. Maybe that will make up for the Louisa Harding and Rowan purchases in terms of stash reduction? Then onto either a lace scarf or Craig's scarf. And two more baby gifts. Blankie? Sweater? hmmm

Looking for some instant gratification after a good run of adult sweaters.

Yep, those poor frankensocks never will be finished.

13 comments:

alison said...

Wow, it turned out really great! I think it looks much better on you than it does in the mag. I hadn't really considered that pattern at all, but yours looks so good, I've started thinking I need one!

lisa b said...

totally and completely inspired to finish after seeing yours...beautiful...

Amber said...

Teehee, Frankensocks! Josephine looks great! =)

Batty said...

Josephine came out great. Love the color, love the fit on you.

colleen said...

Oh man, I LOVE this.

shireen said...

totally beautiful! now i want one too!!

Gayle said...

Absolutely mesmerizing - the pattern, the color, the yarn, and even the model!

Sarah-Hope said...

Wow--that's lovely. I AM going to have to have a go at that pattern.

Octopus Knits said...

Ooo, it's lovely! Great job1!

Tracy said...

that is absolutely smashing! Oh dear, I started 2 new projects myself and now I want this... sigh.

Gorgeous work!

Carol said...

It's fantastic on you!! Off to raid the stash now for cotton glace...

Grannyannie said...

Hi, Thea:
Val's Momm here, AKA Grannyannie, who reads your blog all the time and loves it! Glad you rid your household of the mousies. Love to all. GA

Nik said...

it really looks comfortable, and the color is beautiful. good job.