Wednesday, August 08, 2007

I managed to finish Anouk. Lucky for me, most thr knitting was done. Sewing is much easier. I CAN knit, but the weird angle I used on my left hand gave me finger cramps in my other fingers. A new thing for me...
So here she is. I have always wanted to make one of these, and I think it's adorable. Not being a stickler for details, I failed to realize it's actually open on the sides, and never gets seamed up. So I plan on buying the baby a matching onsie to give with the dress.

I used Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece, and it worked out fine. For buttons, I was hoping to raid the big vintage stash, but these were just too cute. I had bought them a while back from A Good Yarn in Brookline.


little pink frogs..
with that in the hopper (sorry, had to do it!), I'll see what I feel like next.
and thanks guys, for your comments on the boo boo!

9 comments:

staci said...

ADORABLE!!! And the froggy buttons are perfect! Hope your finger heals quickly :)

Jofrog said...

Oooh, I have some Cotton Fleece waiting for the perfect project. I love your color choices. You didn't need more than one skein of the main color, did you?

Carol said...

Simply lovely! The matching onesie is a great idea.

colleen said...

Oh that is just ADORABLE!

Sarah-Hope said...

Absolutely darling! This makes me want to find a baby just so I have an excuse to knit one.

cassie said...

you made some real progress since yesterday...wow...it's so cute. And, I know how painful it must have been given that the finger is must worse looking in person than the pic on the blog which has it so nicely shrouded by a bandaid!!!

May said...

Thea, it is VERY cute. You whipped this thing up so fast despite the injury. Congrats!

Batty said...

That's just so cute!

bufanditas said...

What an adorable dress. I love the color combination.