Thursday, September 27, 2007


Because I managed to use two more! (what's that, about 2,000 to go?) Don't know how well they photograph, but they're navy blue leather ones, and the color in the center of the buttons has faded, in little circles - not completely unlike the giant redwoods - but much smaller.

The finished Drops Cardigan (couldn't they have given this a real name?) came out pretty well. I only changed one thing - I left out the button hole at the top of the neck. The whole neckline closed up was a little too bulky and funky looking. But with two, I like it alot.
Below you can see the fit - also not so bad. I was concerned about the wing-y ness of the A line, but it isn't too pronounced when you see it all together. Of course, in this particular photo, it's pretty wingy, but that's got something to do with the camera arm.

Not sure what's with all the diagonal photos. Hmm.
Above is the obligatory shot in Maya's mirror, although I really should have a mirror of my own. To get these lovely shots, I take her mirror, prop it up on her stool under her window, and try not to trip on the Groovy Girls. Squatting down a little, so I fit in the mirror I take the shots. Then I go downstairs and assure her I've put everything back where I found it, although she never believes me and goes upstairs to check, always managing to find the one wrapper or broken ponytail holder among the piles of crap on her dresser that I chucked in the trashcan.

What's a new mirror cost, like $10? Let's see if I ever get around to it.

And lastly, a little teaser for you. Here's a corner of Woven, my next design project.
Stay tuned! I see Babycables has made it onto a few queues on Ravelry (thanks, thanks, thanks) and just wanted to add that if anyone wants the PDF, I finally took 10 minutes and found a free PDF host so the pattern is linked on my sidebar. (Old dog = new tricks! yay me)

14 comments:

Colleen said...

Sweet, just sweet. That cardi looks so great and comfortable on you.

Amber said...

that color is just great, and I like how it looks on you. Can't wait to see the new pattern =)

Octopus Knits said...

It looks great on you!

Sarah-Hope said...

What a gorgeous sweater--and how quickly you knitted it up! I am very, very impressed.

Carol said...

Check you out! Bet you can't wait for the heatwave to break now. Looking forward to the new pattern too.

Mithranstar said...

Oh what a fantastic cardigan, it looks really good in that tweedy yarn, you should be very pleased with yourself.

Mithranstar x

PlumStitches said...

ooh, i really like - it looks great on you!

lae said...

Love the cardigan. I have so many projects started but I can't bear to knit in this heat ( I live north of Boston). I am impressed that you can.

lae

lae said...

oh forgot to add that I would love the baby cables pdf

thanks

lae

Anonymous said...

lae, I'd be glad to email you - but what's your email? tks, Thea

May said...

Thea, congrats for the cardigan! That's a really nice design and colors. You look fabulous in it.

Soo said...

The cardigan looks great. I'll definitely have to bookmark that pattern!

Danielle said...

Oh my gosh that looks so cute! Thank you for reminding me why it's in my queue. The buttons look great on that berry yarn.

bradyphrenia said...

wow, it looks really pretty. so swingy and cute. great job!