Monday, October 08, 2007

One Juliet. All done with the knitting and the weaving. Just the button loops left. Nope, done them. See?

Besides burning the cookies because I was way to distracted with the whole button selection process, it's been a pretty productive day. Found these crystal toggles in the tin, but took a long time to make the jump and actually finish the sweater with em. Life's easier with less choices, and my thousand buttons don't really help in the efficiency dept.

Yes, No.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with this - due to the double stranded yarn, it weighs as much as a large dog, but it'll serve the same purpose as a down vest in terms of warmth, and it is way prettier, yes? Unfortunately it won't really be an indoor sweater, unless the heat's out.

But I do love the color. I'm on quite a roll with the burgundies and purples - it's because I'm knitting out of the stash, and the stash does tend to be slanted in that direction - but there's green in there too, and that's getting near the top.


Sarah Jackson said...

That turned out lovely! I think that's such a pretty design and I'd love to wear it if it weren't still over 90 degrees here.

Dani said...

Love it! That fits you perfectly.. If I could pull off the empire waist look, I would give it a go, but unfortunately, no :)

PlumStitches said...

I love it! It looks great on you too.