Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Zoe and I saw her yesterday, when she called to ask if I had any yarn to make a baby hat out of. We do and we did, so we got it and we made it. One simple hat out of fluffy baby yarn, in colors Zoe specifically picked for said Baby, who is due any sec, soooo... now that the hat is finished and the Sox are done messing with our traffic, Cassie's all set for a quick drive down to Brigham & Womens...
Baby Price's hat is perched on one of my Favorite Things About Halloween. If Cassie has her baby this week, I'll be bringing a few of these over to the hospital room!

Here's another Favorite Thing About Halloween.

On the knitting front, I'm about ready to frog Clapotis. I know it's a great pattern (2,000 knitters can't be wrong!), and the finished Claps are gorgeous, but I'm bored with all the knit knit knit. Am thinking I'll give Ella a shot instead. Not too much detail to get lost in the colors, but enough to keep it a little more interesting. I've been thinking of this patten ever since Wendy Wonacott posted it a while back, but never had the right yarn. Perhaps this stuff is it?
I'm also making one more Cabled - for a friend - out of my leftover Cascade. The math translates easily, so I will add a note to the pattern when I'm done for a new yarn weight.
Happy Halloween - get yourself a pumpkin beer!

6 comments:

Batty said...

What a lovely little witch! Perfectly frightful in the most wonderful way imagineable. Great costume.

Keeping oneself entertained while knitting Clapotis can be a challenge. I couldn't knit one that's not variegated because watching the colors change is one way I keep myself occupied. The other is listening to music with a plot (musicals, opera, what have you). Maybe audiobooks, hmmm...

I think Ella is definitely going to be more interesting. Have fun!

cass said...

Yup, still here...had to go buy chocolate for all the little witches now that i know I'll be still sitting, watching, waiting for the next goblin baby to arrive!! Hat looks grrrrreaaatttt! merci

Amber said...

Oh god, I had a bunch of post road at my friends wedding the other day...

SO GOOD.

yum.

Sarah Jackson said...

A very frightening witch!

I understand about the Clapotis. I've made two of them and while I love the result, it is some boring knitting.I made it my TV knitting.

My husband had a job interview in Boston today and I thought of you! If he gets it then maybe next year I'll be knocking on your door for some of that beer.

Friender said...

Nice ...oh I mean SCARY witch! "Ella" looks challenging. Thanks for your comment on my blog-I would love to know the 'ins and outs' of the Boston suburbs. *any* info for me is welcome..my Ravelry username is Friender and you can msg me there! Or my email is jbraico @ gmail.com Thanks so much! - Jen

Carol said...

I've always thought Ella was a great pattern. Good luck with it.

Fab witch!!

Pumpkin beer is not my thing. I'm off to see if Starbucks has the eggnog lattes yet...