Thursday, November 08, 2007

Haggis Flavored Oatcakes. Craig's back from Scotland.

so much for that Scottish Tweed I'd envisioned.

No knitting today - I'm on the computer. But I promise it's knitting related.

The tree jacket is languishing. I'm mad at it, although I should be mad at me. I knit up the XS, since I was concerned about yarn quanity and had convinced myself I'm just a little slip of a thing. Last night I finished up the body and put it on. Turns out I have plenty of extra yarn and I'm sooooo not a little slip of anything. Tight lace holes don't look so good over the boobs and the muffin top, no they don't. They expand over the bumps, they do.

So I've frogged back to the arms and am giving it a go at the next size. Tomorrow. Today I'm typing. Promise, it'll be fun for all if this typing project works! Right, Carol?

7 comments:

Carol said...

Hmmm, working on a little plan? Sorry I've been out of it. House renovation planning over here & building of IKEA furniture. And I'm completely obsessed with the Harlot's Unoriginal Hat...

Carol said...

p.s. I'll eat those oatcakes if you don't want them. I happen to like haggis!

Sarah-Hope said...

Haggis flavored? I am very, very, very afraid. Have you ever read a haggis recipe?

Gayle said...

Have you tasted them? Do you know what haggis is? If I were not a vegetarian already, haggis might get me to convert.

PlumStitches said...

Haggis flavored - is that for real? I'm a wuss, I don't think I could stomach that!

Batty said...

Haggis flavored? I'm turning green just looking at them!

So sorry about having to frog the sweater! I'm always paranoid about lace and boobies, or tight-fitting sweaters and the results of hunching over a desk all day (read: the bra roll). I'm sure it'll fit better once you take the boobage into account!

Knitting Bandit said...

I feel like a stupid American, when I hear Haggis, I think of some kind of organ meat pie maybe with vegetables. I can't put it together with oat cakes so maybe I have the wrong idea of Haggis?