Saturday, November 03, 2007

My beloved LYS is closing. After 4 yrs, Jackie has decided to close the Knitting Room and go back to a more traditional job. I'm saddened, but not stupid, so I went to the sale...



For once, I bought things With Projects In Mind. (old dog = new tricks) Some chocolate Cascade 220 for the Zephyr Designs Tree Sweater, Some spicy colored Berocco Ultra Alpaca for a Tilted Duster, Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran for a scarf design I've worked out and need to cast on for, and because old habits die hard -- a bunch of Hacho because I love it, and some extra Berocco Alpaca because I love the color. And notice how I'm doing new colors - there's not a puple in the bunch - again with the new tricks.


Because I'm still crazy and fresh from our trauma around here, I took back my hat samples and have sealed them in a bag for two weeks. Can't be too careful, can you? No more Bad Nits.

4 comments:

Batty said...

It's sad about the Knitting Room. I feel so bad about not going, and now it's closing and I won't be able to. But you got beautiful stuff!

Jofrog said...

Bad Knitsmith... you didn't let us know that there was a sale at the Knitting Room? Harumph!

Carol said...

Good bargains and great colors!

Amber said...

I feel like a total dork saying this, but I've been wondering since the first time I saw it..if it is called the Tree Jacket, shouldn't it be a...jacket? It's a pullover!

So very confusing :)But I can't wait to see it in that lovely chocolate...