Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Yep, another version of the same recipe. (Cabled)
I love playing with this pattern. These cables are from the Vogue Stitchionary -the Cables book. It's called Frosted Edge. I did 7 cables across the front, and I'm not yet sure how many repeats up before I decrease, but this is a fun cable to work with and I love the look of it.

I also made the hem deeper than before, since I want a little more of a cloche like feel here.

The yarn is Elan Peruvian Highland Wool, which is a great hat yarn. Soft, stretchy and doesn't pill with a lot of wear. The color is pretty good in the photo - kind of a dusty rose or pumkiny pink color. It's a gift, so I think it'll look great on the intended owner.

Anyways, only two hours before pickup today - we have our Conference With The Teacher. Must get back to the hat -

0 comments: