Tuesday, January 22, 2008

One Chicabean Scarf, by the Kelly Green Rogue. I love this scarf! I had plans to make the scarf and hat, but ended up using all 4 skeins of Debbie Bliss Cashmerino once I was hooked on the pattern and didn't want to stop. Also, those skeins don't go so far - they're like 90 yds each!

But I have to be forgiving because it's soooo cozy wrapped around my neck, that cashmerino.


And I love this deep burnt orange color.
I'm hoping it waits a little while before it decides to pill.



Anyways, ta da! Now off to begin Melissa's Tree Jacket --
and to get going on my next design idea. I have it all in my head - and as Maya's taught me - in a drawing - but will need to do a little math, so first the tree jacket, and when the kids both have a playdate at the same time - then, the math. And the swatch, and etc. etc.

And a thanks to those of you who've bought Alene's Wrap!
Only one weekend so far, and already you've raised almost $75

(I figure knitting really is more of a pyramid scheme anyways - once you guys get going and have some progress to show your friends, and they tell two friends, and they tell two friends, THATs when we're able to make really make a difference!)


4 comments:

The Kelly Green Rogue said...

It looks great in the Cashmerino, very soft and warm!

PlumStitches said...

ooh, I love the Cashmerino, it's really nice.

Sharon said...

It looks so soft and warm. BTW I nominated you on my blog.

Knitting Bandit said...

Back when I was a brand new knitter I stashed some of that same yarn (before I even knew what stash was). I've never found the right pattern for it until now! I love it--good job.