Sunday, January 13, 2008

I can finally put a fork in this baby.


I was done earlier, but decided to shorten the front and make the back longer. That took a little longer than I thought it would - but being short, having the front hit above my knee made a big difference, and the extra weight in the back keeps it from falling back down my shoulder.


But frogging cables?? Sucks. The little braids cable every knit row!
That's a job I'm not about to do again soon.


I'll get a few more pictures and post a pattern if some of you might want to make it,
so let me know. Otherwise, I'm just happy to wear it around and be the only one (assuming no one was insane enough to buy the $160 acrylic version).

A disclaimer up front. You cannot throw a dinner party in this. I had friends over last night to watch the Pats game. Although I looked fab, I'm sure - doing things in the sink, the fridge and the cabinet were an exercise in constant shoulder readjustment. Much better if you're a guest - it's better to just hold a drink or snack while wearing a wrap. Making them, not so much.


20 comments:

Sarah Jackson said...

It's gorgeous, if not the most functional garment around. Nice job!

Jofrog said...

It looks Awesome! Great job Thea!

Sharon said...

It's gorgeous! I agree, probably not functional to be cleaning the bathroom or cooking, but defnitely for strutting down the street with some shopping bags or showing it off at a par-tay! You go girl! Put it to bed.

Shorty said...

It's gorgeous!!!

Is there a pattern somewhere for it? I think I'd like to make myself one.

Carol said...

Great photos! Craig or Maya? You HAVE to sell that pattern. It looks fabulous. Congratulations!

Nessa said...

I love it!! I am so impressed with your design abilities, and the color is gorgeous!

Hanane said...

Love it and would love the pattern too. It looks great!

Amber said...

Great job, I love it :)

LilKnitter said...

Ooooh, it's lovely!! Such a stunning colour, too. Really, truly: good job! If you're considering posting a pattern...I know you'd have one taker here! And I adore that it's a shameless rip-off! I LOVE shamelessly ripping things off!

Sarah-Hope said...

I would loooooove a pattern! it's gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Will there be a pattern?

Rene'

Anonymous said...

Yes, ladies, there WILL be a pattern. I'm working on it now ---
:-) so glad you all like it! Thea

Octopus Knits said...

Wow - it may not be functional, but it's stunning!

Wendy said...

It is really cute. I'll have to buy the pattern!

grannyannie said...

Alene's the lucky recipient, I assume. She was dying for that kind of wrap last summer and I tried to find a pattern for what she described. What a sis you are. She will wear it with pride, I know. I love her, too.

Turtle said...

Gorgeous! I would so love to make this!

Allisone said...

Just hit the buy now button.
Can't wait to start!
A good cause, a great pattern - what more does a girl need?

Carol said...

This is sooooo pretty.

fleegle said...

Is this the Travelsmith wrap?

joanna said...

I really love your Alene Wrap and would like to order the pattern, but I'm wondering what type of yarn did you use, and how many yards did it take?

Thanks, (I'm trying to knit down my stash)