Sunday, February 03, 2008

Today's mine - I'm 40!

But, I had much unfinished birthday business still to tend to, before I could celebrate.


First, Melissa's Tree Jacket had to be finished. We had our last "fitting" this week and now it's ready to be given. Her birthday was 12/9. Oops.


Then, Maya had to finally finish my Mom's birthday mittens. They're her latest sewing project, begun way back in Dec. Unfortunately there were many steps and details to tend to - and Harry Potter 3 to read - so they've been delayed from their due date of 1/22.

(Please note that my Mom is NOT a Giant, but this sewing business does result in some variation when I let Maya do her own pattern making. It's cute. )


And yesterday, we had Zoe's 4th birthday party at Build A Bear with a few of her little buddies - notice the scarves.....


Maya, always willing to pose, holding a few more of the Bears....

Now I'm all done.

Next weekend, Craig and I are off to New Orleans for a little trip - so don't waste any time feeling sorry for me.

And in a few hours, I'm off to Boston to spend the afternoon with some buddies before the big kickoff.

Should I say 'Go Pats' or just be honest that I could really care less and am looking forward to an entire night of uninterrupted knitting while Craig and Maya are off watching the game?

guess I'll say Go Pats!
(but you know the truth....)

14 comments:

Alexis said...

Happy Birthday, Thea!! Hope you have a great day!

Sarah Jackson said...

Happy birthday! I'm just one year behind you. I'm looking forward to your New Orleans report - take lots of pictures!

shireen said...

happy birthday!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy B'day!
I concur that football can be a great time for knittin.
Enjoy your birthday and have a great time in New Orleans.
Gayle

Jofrog said...

Happy birthday Thea! Wish I could celebrate with you at Knitsmiths!

Anonymous said...

Have a great birthday!

Rene'

Sharon said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you have a fabulous day!

The Kelly Green Rogue said...

Happy Birthday!

Tree Jacket is looking good!

Nell said...

Happy, Happy, Happy Birthday!!!

colleen said...

Hey, hey, happy birthday!!

sue said...

Happy 40th! Dont they say life begins at 40. I hope so as I turn 40 in September.

aj said...

Happy Birthday! I'm glad to find another early February birthday (mine's today) - we can be almost-birthday-buddies!

Carol said...

Hope you had a great day! Love all the handmade items. Maya is doing really well with the sewing. And happy birthday to Zoe too!!!

Hubby1 said...

Happy Birthday Honey,

Looks like you are going to have to change your age in your profile. You are not in your late 30s anymore. How about a picture of that fabulous necklace?