Saturday, February 16, 2008

Thanks to you guys, I've made my first $100 for FINCA, and am sending off the first donation!
And on a personal note, that means that 20 of you liked my pattern enough to buy it, which is pretty cool too. Keep it going, and if anyone gets knitting on the wrap, I'd love to hear what you think - or see pics!
Seems I'm not the only one who's trying to use her talents for good. The link below goes to a very cool sock pattern, also benefitting charity.
Emily came up with this gorgeous diamond lace sock pattern for her Aunt Pearl and is donating the proceeds to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. The socks are gorgeous, and her blog is also fun to browse through, since she has the inside scoop over at Lorna's Laces.
.... and she's sweetened the pot with some prizes. Check it out.
Really, can any of you turn down a chance for free yarn??


The Kelly Green Rogue said...

I do love that pattern. Unfortunately I'm saving every dime for Italy. You guys make me feel bad about selling my wine charms to fund my trip! LOL

Batty said...

That wrap is awesome. I'll get around to knitting it when I'm done with some of my gift knitting, promise.