Tuesday, March 25, 2008

I know it's still about 25 degrees in the morning when we leave for school, but by midday it's hovering around the 40s - and honestly, that's springy in New England. Springy enough for me anyways. I've begun my running routine again, started clearing out the yard for some planting and we're all spending a lot of afternoons outdoors around here.
On yesterday's run, I saw the pair of swans that live on the Resevoir near my house - and on the walk home from school, we saw more than one group of crocuses. woo hoo
However, I'm enough of a New Englander to know I can still knit another alpaca project before it's all over. This is Stardust from Knitty. It's a deep greenish gray and sooooo soft - Inca Alpaca. I figure it'll go with jeans and a tank on those remaining 40-50 degree days we have left. So far, it's a great knit. I'm done with the back and have begun on the two ties.




And here's my New Hampshire Fiber Festival Merino one more time -- I'm afraid to say that this is the third project I'be begun with it -- (Luckily it frogs well.) I figure I should get it knit before I go to the same festival this year, dont you think?

I loved the Hattie's Rose Garden pattern so much (and since that scarf was gifted away) I decided to do another. I have about 500 yds here and I'm working on 9s, so I'm thinking this will be more of a wrap - but we're looking at about 5 inches so far and I haven't ripped it yet - there might be hope.

Although I keep thinking about this too ....

2 comments:

Carol said...

Love that alpaca cardigan!

Knitting Bandit said...

I had to wait for a duck to cross the road this morning ad now it's snowing and the kids are hoping for a snow day! Spring has got to come...
Love the Knitty pattern, thanks for linking it, somehow I missed it when it came up!