Friday, May 16, 2008

Just a couple.

I got a new box from Ebay and realized my little button collection has outgrown its home. So here are the pairs, all paired up and organized by color. This little project proved extremely helpful when Alison and her Wee One showed up yesterday to pick some contenders for her just-about-finished Vintage Cardigan.

Zoe played host to the Wee One - that is, until they were both drawn by the siren song of the buttons into this room with us. In the end, Alison found 3 bunches that might work - you can go to her blog and vote for your favorite!

In the meantime.....



I've even got a little knitting done over the past two weeks (since you all know I haven't been blogging!) Here is the in-progress Smocked Cardigan. One sleeve is done and the second's a few inches underway.

I'm a little impatient to do the little smocks, but I've told myself I have to wait till I finish the big knitted parts - otherwise, I may never get this puppy out of the way. It's hard to work on a dark colored wool sweater in the late spring.

But once it's done, I think I'll have the remainder of my test knitter comments so I can put that Golden Cardigan out for you all!

And you can can enjoy some summer knitting in the summertime!

9 comments:

Regina said...

I can't wait for the Golden Cardigan directions - I spun 1 pound ( !! ) of green cotton for it and it is ready to knit. Please hurry with the pattern, I'm so excited to start knitting.

Anonymous said...

Button, Button, we know who's got the buttons! (sorry for the bad pun).
I too can hardly wait for Golden Cardigan instructions.
Gayle

Carol said...

Ooooooo, more buttons! Will have to come for a look soon!

colleen said...

Holy guac!! I guess that you did sort your buttons.

Corwink said...

HOLY BUTTONS BATMAN!!!

Sharon said...

Wow I second that. Holy Buttons Batman! I love buttons though so I can understand that. Thanks for the birthday wishes on my blog!

Batty said...

Great cardi progress!

I, too, am a sucker for buttons. Once, I went to JoAnn's and accidentally bought $37 worth of buttons. It was around Halloween and some of them were bat-shaped, so you can't blame me for not being able to resist.

jenna said...

I've really been eyeballing that Smocked Cardigan pattern lately...can't wait to see more of yours!

Sarah-Hope said...

Ooooooooo... all those buttons! If I break my leg trying to sneak into your house to play with them can I sue you for creating an "attractive nuisance"?

(Don't worry--just joking.)