Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Today it's gorgeous out, so Maya's finally getting to sport her new Circley tank.
The pattern is done and I'm hoping to get it on my PDF page in the next day or so.
I wrote it up for a size 8, 10, and 12. The shape is long and slim fitting, as she hoped.
Kind of a tunic tank.

Maya here is modeling her size 8 in Provincial Rose.
Rocking the look with some cutoffs, rubber band bracelets and her messy hair.

It turned out just like she wanted - and it took less than two skeins of Cotton Fleece!

And then, rather than add to the stash, we also made up a heavily modified version for Zoe.
Where M is tall and skinny, Z is a bit rounder.

To compensate, I started hers with the same number of stitches as i did for Maya's - and i did a few less decreases. Honestly, I could have made it a bit wider still - and yep, shorter,
but hey.

She loves it anyways.
And I didn't add the extra skeins back into the stash, did I?

Check back on the sidebar later and the pattern should pop up soon.


Cybèle said...

This is lovely. I have a 9 year old who has seriously outgrown cutesy stuff too (and she is the same shape as your daughter), and I don't even dare buy that much for her anymore when she isn't with me. I'm sure she'd love this - this is going in my queue.

sue said...

That is one cute tank top. I have a 6 yr old daughter who would love that, and I need to knit for an 8 yr old as she is quite tall and skinny too. I love the 2 colored tank too, so adorable, and your girls are both so pretty.

Sarah Jackson said...

Such cute tanks on those darling girls. Nice work!

Temperance said...


Octopus Knits said...

What a cute pattern - they both look great!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing the pattern; think I'm going to knit some for my daughters...

Batty said...

It looks so cute on her, she's adorable!

Deborah said...

Happy Mother's Day!

Sarah said...

Hi Thea, I love to lurk on your blog...now it's time to post. I'm on my way to my LYS to get yarn to make this tank for Annie (6.5 years old now). Please pass along BIG thanks to Maya for the design and for sharing with us!!
-Sarah B.
(Your sis' sis-in-law)