Sunday, July 13, 2008

The more things change, the more they stay the same right?


Week before last I started my vacation projects in the backyard with a beer, and a view of my backyard maples.

Two projects - small and uncomplicated. One's a lace scarf out of a lovely silk fingerling yarn I've had stashed so long I don't remember where it came from. Am calling it a Xmas gift (oh, I'm being soooo good, aren't I? maybe I deserve More Yarn?)

The second project is a new idea I had for a glove or mitten with a long wrist cuff/arm, a little smocking, and... it will use a vintage button (not surprised about that piece, are you?)

Another way to show off my sock yarn, not hide it in the shoes this year.

Anyways, here's said mitten/glove in progress a few days ago. Colinette Jitterbug, which is a gorgeous soft and spongy yarn, I love it. Did socks out of it once and am hooked. This colorway is a lovely variegated cranberry. ( Got it at the awesome yarn store in Princeton when I visited last - Pins and Needles, on Chambers Street. Nice folks, awesome selection, homey store. Go)

Anyways, I digress.

Different table, different view, different drink, but here I am again, yes? Seems I like to knit and drink in the backyard, don't I? Just over the dune there was Wellfleet Harbor. A lovely view from our little cottage. The drink here was a Tom Collins - we brought the fixins just in case - Very tasty, I have to say. Never had a Collins before, if you can believe it.

Anyways, much laundry is staring at me, as are my unwashed and unfed kids. (Priorities?)

Tune in again soon and I'll have some mitteny glovey (am undecided if I want to deal with fingers yet...) pics to share. I'm liking this one and thinking it'll be a good free pattern to try and write up.

On the vintage cardigan, how are you all doing? :-) I know a lot of patterns have gone out there, so I'm dying to hear what you all think!

1 comments:

Corwink said...

Table number 2 looks like the perfect place to relax, have a nice drink, and knit. I am super jealous!