Saturday, August 02, 2008

Some of the summer travels have ended for now - can you tell?


This first week back has put is at the beach in three different states on three different days, but then, here I am, relaxing on the patio where we started in June. With a drink.

The Rose is still a big favorite around here - I also have a bottle of Pink Truck in the fridge (as recommended by Sarah), but this is the one we opened for a little family birthday on Thursday.

And speaking of family birthdays....



Here's a little number I've been working on for my little cousin Ailee's first birthday. She's already gotten a few hats and a dress from me in her short lifetime, but her Mom loves the knits, so I'm a sucker when it comes to projects for her.



I was a little afraid I was shooting the whole button wad at once, but now that it's done, I can't imagine a better use for all my little white flowers (and yes, i still do have a bunch left).

I tried to take shots of all the different flowers, so excuse the obvious photo overload.

Can't wait to give it to Ailee tomorrow at her party!

5 comments:

May said...

Those are really cute flower buttons and you used them very cleverly. Colors are really nice as well! Cute!

sue said...

What a gorgeous little hat and the buttons really make it too.

Sarah Jackson said...

That is really really cute and a perfect use for the flower buttons. Love it!

PlumStitches said...

that glass of Rose looks good!! Cute hat too.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely adorable. You always seem to find a way to stick at least a couple of buttons on a project and make it work. Nice talent.
Gayle