Friday, August 15, 2008

At first, it didn't seem like any knitting was going to happen. My sad little pile sat neglected in the sun. (That VK, if you haven't flipped through yet, is a good one. Many things you can actually wear - and lots of cables - I love the cables. And again, I can actually imagine wearing the designs.) Between this and the new IK, I even have a plan for the stash. I'll post that soon.

But then the kids all arrived and some big plan was agreed upon! (Don't they look industrious?)

As was I.
I"m all ready to begin some sleeves now- maybe I should have joined some olympic team for this puppy? I was just too lazy to think about it last week.
All is not a perfect 10 here though - can you believe I forgot the button holes? Guess I was just chugging along. I think I'll use snaps or hooks and eyes on the back and just sew 'em on the fronts for show. They photographed better here - a cloudy day is much better for a little photography. You can see the real color of the yarn here too.

With all the little flecks. Green, hot pink and orange. This is why I love tweed.
It's always a little more interesting than you think...

By the end of the day, I even had time to whip up a little concoction.
Something citrusy w/ gin - but I wanted a little splash of sweet in it too. I may leave out the cassis next time and call it a Lime Martini. Not sure it added any more than color to the whole thing. Anyways....

Post Knitting Martini

2 oz Gin
3/4 oz vermouth
Splash of cassis liqueur (any sweet red fruit might do it here)
4 oz limeade

Shake up in a jigger with ice and pour.


PlumStitches said...

I love the color and texture of the tweed yarn!

Sarah Jackson said...

It's gorgeous - I too am loving the color. I'm knitting a scarf out of something similar and I think the color is the only thing keeping me going. I haven't looked at the new VK - I'll have to go check it out.

puffthemagicrabbit said...

Mmmm, that sounds yummy. I can see you're going to become a very bad influence (but in the best possible way)...