Saturday, August 16, 2008

If you're from Boston, you'll know this one, so I'm asking the out of towners.

Where can you find:

a life sized garden built out of jelly beans

a giant mechanized Green Monster who eats a baseball player


a model of the state house - again built of jelly beans - that sells candy,


an enourmous ice cream sundae and store -built out of, you guessed it, jelly beans


a light and water show every 15 minutes


and a trapeeze school?


(there's Maya. Instead of a party, she and a buddy got lessons for her 9th birthday)


There's also an IMAX theatre and a Fudruckers restaurant.

It's not Charlie and the Chocolate factory, but it's looking a lot like it.

(I had a stash inventory and plan all ready to post, but these pics were too cool not to post first) -- and in the spirit of stash reduction, I'll give a prize - two.

1. for whoever NOT from Boston guesses where we were
2. for anyone with a funny story about this place or another over the top place like it

9 comments:

Sarah Jackson said...

I'm guessing Jordan's Beantown. That looks like so much fun!

Anonymous said...

I know, I know! Jordan's Reading Store! Very fun!

Anonymous said...

Oops, forgot to say I know, I know, Jordan's Reading Store!

Janet

jlzveg3@comcast.net

Julia said...

I'm not a Bostoner, but I found a Jordan's Furniture entertainment rotunda on the TSNY Beantown website. Cheating? Anyway- looks like GREAT fun!! Wish I could go there. :)

Marilyn said...

Jordan's Beantown for sure. I'm not from Boston but have visited a couple of times.

Deborah said...

I'm not from Boston...I'm in Belmont! Am I excluded too?

leona said...

So being me I totally had to look up the answer to your question... if it isn't cheating, I say Jordan's Beantown. Jellybellys rock! :)
PS- from Vegas not Boston

colleen said...

Boy, I really had to think about that for a moment.

puffthemagicrabbit said...

No guesses, and no wild stories, but boy that looks like fun!