Tuesday, September 09, 2008

So I'm beginning a February Lady Sweater too!

I'm making mine out of Sublime Merino DK in a really lovely deep gray, but I'm sooooo off gauge that I'm making a size XL. We'll see how this works out. So far, so good. The yarn is lovely to work with and really soft.

I'm a few inches down the garter ribs and one buttonhole down, am hoping I can get it done by Oct. It does seem to go fast on everyone else's blog, but maybe that's because they're knitting with Worsted weight yarn on 8s?


Also on the needles is a baby dress for a friend who's expecting her first girly. I started making a Minnowknits pattern, but it's quickly evolved into something new that uses buttons and will hopefully take up my entire little stash of Manos Stria that's been lying about. I like it so far, but am not sure if I want to do short sleeves or make it a jumper. Decisions, decisions.


One last pic on the back deck - Zoe off to her first day of school this year! (like the socks?)

Now they're both set for the mornings and I can get moving on that painting project, the resume prep, some informational interviews, and of course...the knit down my stash plan.

Or I'll abandon those ideas all together and start drinking much earlier in the day.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

That's my next project too - after I get the current sweater done. It's the carrot. :)

Zoe looks so cute! Hope her first day was fantastic.

Sarah-Hope said...

Can't wait for a pic of the February Lady. I want to make on of those myself one day.

Hilary said...

Haha!!! Your last sentence totally caught me off guard and I cracked up! I'm sure the FLS will be a quick knit for you even though you're using DK weight. I think it's fast because the lace pattern is easy to memorize and there's not all that much shaping. I can't wait to see more!

puffthemagicrabbit said...

OK, my vote- knit and drink earlier. Of course, I would also encourage a herd of Angora Goats to help with that drinking, so my vote may not be the wisest...

Nell said...

HooRay!!! for the FLS! It's a great pattern. Can't wait to see yours!

Batty said...

They're all good options. : )

As someone who has so far failed at the whole stash reduction thing, I wish you luck. Not much of it around here.