Monday, September 01, 2008


A finished Drops cardigan. In the end, I bailed on the buttons and snaps combo. I have this vintage silver pin I used to wear on my blazers back in the 90s , and the silver looked so nice on the purple yarn, I decided to go with it. not sure I'd ever have reconciled the whole button/snap thing properly anyways, so this is a good solution!



A completed pair of sock yarn mittens with vintage buttons.

And two pies. Which we're taking to a barbeque in about 20 mins.

And since Craig pointed out they're not cocktails, but pies, so they have no place on my blog, I feel compelled to tell you they both have a little booze in em.

There's some sweet white wine in the peach/nectarine number and there's some baileys in the chocolate pudding guy. Couldn't help myself, i guess.

9 comments:

Sarah said...

I love that cardigan! That shade of purple is one of my favorites.

Pie. mmm, pie.

Carol said...

Drops looks great but the chocolate pie? I so want some of that right now.

Carol said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Susan said...

The pin looks perfect with your Drops Cardigan.

The pies sound amazing!

Hilary said...

Oooh...I LOVE your Drops Cardigan! It's one of the best I've seen. I love that the collar looks so full. It fits you so nicely, too!

PlumStitches said...

oh, I like it with the pin - way to recycle the 90's ;-)

Batty said...

Stunning sweater, particularly with that pin! It doesn't need buttons. I love the gloves, and those pies... Now I'm hungry.

puffthemagicrabbit said...

Want that chocolate pie! (gorgeous mittens and sweater, btw, but that pie!)

meg said...

Nice pies! I tagged you for the happiness meme on my blog. No pressure if you don't feel like doing it. Have fun this weekend!