Wednesday, October 01, 2008


One more sweater done, but my brow is furrowed. (really it is - look in the pic)

I'm not loving the final product here. Even with the shaping, the square shape is seeming too boxy and the neck is a little much for me -- I have a little head, apparently. Must be why I don't wear so many cowls to begin with? It drapes OK actually, I think I did fine with creating it, I just don't think I like it so much - somewhat of a problem.


Here you can see a little more of it. Just not so flattering. Makes me look very short waisted and thick - funny how it changes when all seamed up. I liked the fit when it was just pinned and the neck stitches were on holders. I think adding the loose neckline just loosened the way it falls and then altered the whole thing's fit a little more. Lesson learned.

Maybe a new neckline? Here I am trying that option out. Would it bring back my fitted shape? I"m not redoing the waist shaping - if I go that far back, i might as well knit something else. In the end, it just maybe the frog pond. I do love the yarn. Time to check out that overgrown queue, right?

Ah well, back to my Oct lady sweater and some easy airplane knitting accessories with no fit issues. Then I'll come back to this after my weekend away in Atlanta.

Maybe in the meantime one of you will come up with an amazing solution :-)

6 comments:

Carol said...

I love the top half. Maybe sew up the slits in the waistband to bring in the shaping? You could do temp seams just to check it.

liz said...

is this your own pattern?

Thea said...

yep it is. I kind of made it up as I went and was thinking it would be the next thing I write up to put out there, but now i'm not so sure....

Johanna said...

I'd love to have a suggestion, but I can't see a thing!

Can you have Craig, or even Maya take pics where the sweater shows? We have to invest in a tripod for you so that you can takes your own pics outside or with some light!

I can't wait to see more pics of it.

Yarn mom of 8 said...

I love it. Pass it my way if you want. :-) I really like the short sleeves with the cowl. Very cute!

Hilary said...

I think if you seamed in the sides a bit you would get a more fitted look. I think the slouchy cowl neckline is very cool!