Sunday, November 09, 2008

half stash? Probably not, but it's feeling like it.

Finishing this puppy puts me at three major bags down - big bags of chunky yarn I've had for ages. Feels good. It also doesn't hurt that I LOVE this sweater. Love, love love. It knit up fast and really looks great (if I do say so myself...) From the Rowan Studio booklet #8.

It doesn't have buttons, but fastens with a little pin at the collar, and comes down about to the waist. I have a few vintage pins I tried it on with, and it laid perfectly. Guess I should use the intended yarn for a pattern more often :-)


Ah well, I didn't block since I love the rustic feel of this tweed - it's lovely and almost stiff, but not scratchy. Now onto the next bag (I have 3 left). I'm going to play with Debbie Bliss Cashmerino in a jade green - and I'm going back to the design table for this one.

But in case I get frustrated, I'm also going to cast on for Norah Gaughan's Paley at the same time. Seems like an awesome design to use up a bunch of half skeins as well as a big bag of cream worsted - don't you think?

5 comments:

Melissa said...

I love Pale pattern - thanks so much for linking to it. And your sweater looks great!

Carol said...

Love it! The cables are amazing!

Sarah-Hope said...

Paley looks lovely. I need to bookmark it.

puffthemagicrabbit said...

Very, very nice- its beautiful. Can't wait to watch your Paley come along, too.

Hilary said...

It's beautiful!