Sunday, November 16, 2008

Emboldened by my newfound bobble and cable practice and inspired by the gorgeous red Sylvi jacket on Twist, I found myself playing with a skein of gray cashmere that had been growing old in the stash trunk for a few years. I needed a little freefrom knitting after following the Rowan pattern so diligently and I was soooo loving the wandering vines on Sylvi that this hat just kind of evolved into..


whatever it's evolving into. It was just too fun to weave some random ribs up the hat and make them wave around. I've stuck a lace leaf on one, a few bobbles on another, and might try to knit up a few petals for one. Like I said, not sure how it's going to turn out, but it sure is fun to knit. And I'm thinking Zoe will wear it no matter what.

After all, it's cashmere, and even at five, a girl can recognize the good stuff...


Adding to the mystery here is the fact I'll be finishing it up with Carol and Sara and a few drinks and a few kids. This particular bottle is for Carol's birthday just past (fuzzy photo on purpose since she knows wine is arriving, but not what kind..) sneaky, huh?



And although poor Paley sits unloved upstairs, this photo has been taunting me downstairs. It's the other reason I've been playing with cables. I have my trusty stichonaries and both of the Barbara Walkers out on the kitchen chopping block.


So we'll see what comes after the Rowan gets done, but it's not really looking like Paley yet.

3 comments:

sue said...

The hat looks great. I am planning on knitting a few cabled hats for Christmas presents. I love the pattern on the chopping board too, nice cables.

puffthemagicrabbit said...

The cable bug...

Carol said...

Is it finished yet?? The wine was yummy and it was great to share it with you too.