Tuesday, January 06, 2009

the yarn was free.


I'm loving this sweater. Wore it out to run errands this morning already and pretty much never want to take it off. Here I am in Zoe's room - the light's better than Maya's but still I'm photo challenged.

This is the embodiment of a jones I've had for about a year now - ever since I saw a chunky, white lace sweater with black buttons in the now-defunct Babystyle at the Burlington Mall. Never mind that the original was a maternity sweater - if it wasn't made of cheapo acrylic, I'd have owned it. The plastic model paired hers with a black tee and jeans, so here I've done the same. I left off the fake maternity pillow belly, since post-holidays, I'm sporting my own.



The blue and yellow spot you see in the above photo? A cupcake sticker on Zoe's mirror.
(you're not surprised, are you?)



I tried to get more funky with the buttons, but in the end, these basic blacks gave me the look I wanted.

Below, me in my usual mirror, diagonal.



The changes from the Rebecca pattern that inspired this are too many to mention. I think in the end, the only thing I used from the book was the lace leaf pattern and the K1P1 rib for the button band. It's exactly what I wanted, and it fits like a dream.

oh yeah, and it was FREE.

13 comments:

Sarah Jackson said...

I love it! I would never take that sweater off. Ever. Until it became too hot to wear it here, which will probably be in 3 weeks. And then I'd wear it inside with the A/C on.

Did I mention that I love it?

Holli said...

Wow, congratulations Thea! It is Ah-Ma-Zing!! Really, excellent work. And you posts are always so funny, this one being no exception - I smirked about your leaving the fake maternity pillow out of the picture. You are funny!

Hilary said...

Wow. It is GORGEOUS! I am completely in love with the wide collar. And what a great fit!

yoel said...

The sweater is gorgeous! It's cuddly without looking bulky. Great job!

puffthemagicrabbit said...

Beauteous! I want one.

Christopher said...

Eh, the sweater is ok but you are oh-so-fabulous! We miss you both...er...all four of you actually!

Mwah!

Amy said...

This came out great!

colleen said...

Another great sweater. It has such a nice line on you.

sue said...

I love the style of it on you. What a fantastic sweater and I am sure you will wear it for years to come.

At Home Mommy Knits said...

That sweater is beautiful! What a fantastic knit.

Melissa said...

Looks great, congratulations!

Nell said...

Holy cow!!! It's beautiful!

Batty said...

Lovely sweater! Chunky lace sweater, it really works!