Sunday, January 11, 2009

Maya informed me she needed another brown hat with a little embroidery. Really, she didn't "inform" me, she asked very nicely. This time it was a peace sign she'd been thinking about.


I know this isn't a peace sign exactly, and I've since fixed my mistake, We added the extra little bar on the bottom, but I didn't manage another photo shoot. You get the idea. I used leftovers from the stash again - a skein of Cascade 220 for the hat, and a little leftover blue variegated for the peace sign. She's digging it.



As for me, I had a whole day to kill in a hospital waiting room while my sister got her ACL replaced. I had bought a skein special, and decided the amazing Rowan tweed needed something textural. This is the Trinity Stitch Hat.


The tweed is actually the most gorgeous deep green, with hints of gold and blue in it. It's amazing. Rowan does amazing things with yarn, huh? I wasn't sure I'd be able to pull off the oh so jaunty slouch, but so far I'm wearing this thing around as if I can - and attitude's 90% of the outfit, isn't it? I haven't exactly figured out where to put my hair in it, but my sister assures me I don't look too stupid. I'm not so sure. But the hat's amazing. Came out perfect.

So if it does look goofy, it's not the hat, it's me. My Oh So Jaunty might be off.

Now I'm in a rut, so I'm reading. Anyone remember Escape to Witch Mountain? I just reread that so me and Maya can discuss before the new movie comes out this summer. Next it's Inkheart. Then I'll figure out a new project.

7 comments:

At Home Mommy Knits said...

Love your peace sign hat, adorable! My husband had shoulder surgery this week and I of course had my big bag of knitting to work on while hanging out all day. I was so glad I had it to keep me busy. Hope your sister's ACL heals nicely.

Holli said...

Love the peace sign hat (and that your daughter requested it). I've never knit with Cascade yarn, but really think I need to. As for the rowan tweed -- OMG - I love it. What a divine yarn and the pattern looks incredible too. Hope you sis is feeling better soon!

Hilary said...

I'm digging the peace sign hat, too! And wow -- the trin stitch hat was truly the *perfect* pattern for that tweed. I'm sure you can pull it off!

puffthemagicrabbit said...

Very nice hats! Inkheart is great, but I got distracted from the 2nd book, Inkspell, by Twilight...

Nell said...

You can totally pull off jaunty. Just be bold!

colleen said...

Peace-sign hat = cool!

And I LOVE the Trinity Stitch hat! It looks so soft and squishy.

Batty said...

That peace sign is a great touch! Love that hat, it looks soft and squishy.