Monday, February 09, 2009

Being my own test knitter, I made the Stashy Hat again. I've run out of Ultra Alpaca in any one colorway, so this time I decided to give some Cashmerino DK a shot.

Having never knit with Debbie Bliss Cashmerino DK, I'm a new convert. I looooove this stuff. But back to the two hats - you'd think such different yarns would have knit up more differently from each other, but honestly the fit on both hats is surprising similar. And the soft feel. The yarns aren't exactly the same weight, but they both worked up the same in this pattern. Go figure.


Anyways, now that I've knit it twice and am happy with the results, I've almost finished the pattern. Honestly it's wicked easy - I don't know if I can even count it as a "design" since it's basically a stitch pattern converted into a hat - but, it's a pretty stitch pattern, and I'm happy with the hats - so maybe some of you will be as well!

Am guessing I'll post the pattern in the next few days.

6 comments:

PlumStitches said...

I love it! it looks great

Carol said...

It's absolutely a 'design'. And a great hat to boot. I'll be making the pattern for sure.

Holli said...

Ooooo---I like this one even better than the first. Can't wait for the pattern!

Hilary said...

Definitely a design! And I agree -- the stitch pattern is very pretty.

Nell said...

Can't wait for the pattern. It's so cute!

Jen said...

Just made your stashy hat and I LOVE it! I made it for a friend but I think I'm going to have to make myself one!