Friday, February 13, 2009


It's been a long week over here, and the knitting has been sparse. Both Zoe and I have the plague and have been totally out of comission. She's better today - I'm still marginal, but being the Mom, have to function. Hate how that works. Anyways...

A couple of days ago I picked up this long forgotten scarf and gave it a few hours - It's the yarn I frogged out of my unfortunate tee shirt design idea - soft and beautiful, but apparently way too drapey for an actual garment. However, knit up in a bunch of 3x3 ribs with a 4/4 cable on one side, it makes a gorgeous scarf, don't you think? It's extra long, so it can loop around the neck and hang down on both sides - or toss over a shoulder.



Before the plague really hit, I had posted my Stashy hat pattern and was completely amazed - in one afternoon, 56 people dowloaded the PDF off Ravelry! And the next day 30 something more followed suit. Don't know what the total is today, but I'm guessing it's nearing 100.

I can't wait to see who actually knits it up and out of what stash, but it's amazing fun to click on the download manager and see a ginormous pink line of new downloads in the graph! It pays to post a super easy, free pattern, huh? I actually have a skein of tweed I'm thinking might work as one, we'll see how it looks.

Anyways, off to find some Tylenol.

3 comments:

Hilary said...

Well, what'd you expect?? It's a great hat. :) The scarf is also lovely...I love the one cable panel running down one side.

Hope you and your daughter feel better soon!

Nell said...

They asymmetry of the single cable is very stylish. Glad you're feeling better!

Holli said...

I was one of your Rav downloads. Thanks again for the free pattern. Hope you are feeling better soon!