Saturday, March 14, 2009

Almost done. Today I'm off to the craft store for ribbon and snaps, so all that's left is the actual closure treatment. Am thinking when this gets written up, you all can have the choice of clsoure -- buttons, a zipper or my big idea of ribbon and snaps. Guess it depends on your kid.


Mine tried hers on yesterday wearing a brown tee shirt with a big teal peace sign on it. I couldn't have styled a better ensemble for her. It looked great, and she's all ready to have it done.


One of the best parts about this sweater was the price tag - excluding snaps and ribbon of course, since they're still unknown. The yarn was on sale for $3 per skein and (wait for it.....) the whole sweater took 4 skeins! That'd be $12 for the sweater. And budget kid knitting allows for an extra skein or two for Mom, huh?

It also means I have skeins to send to a willing test knitter. If you email me with an offer to test knit, please do include info so I can get back in touch with you. Am guessing I'll have this written up to send off early in the week (since Mondays and Tuesdays are my best "work days"). I've done the size 8 here and I'm confident on my 6 sizing, so I'm hoping to find a knitter who'd like to do a size 10 or 12. I have a few more detailed photos to share too, so you can be sure you like what you're volunteering to knit.

I'm also considering making an adult version of this puppy. I have a few changes in mind to make it more adult oriented. Including a different yarn, but I'll try to keep it cheap, don't worry.
What do you think? A short sleeved fitted cardi with a little lace? Would you wear it with a cami and jeans?

-------

On Golden Vintage knitting, I've been talking to a few of you this week about bigger sizes. As soon as I get this off in the knitting world, it's my next project! I'm hoping to get up to a 48.

Hey Annie, want to give it a shot??

----------

4 comments:

puffthemagicrabbit said...

Can't wait to see it done and modeled- love the color!

Luise said...

An adult version would be a treat, maybe with an option for long sleeves?

At Home Mommy Knits said...

Lovely. I love knitting for the kiddos because it is so fast! What a great cardigan.

Anonymous said...

I love this sweater and would like an adult version. I would buy it.
Ellen