Sunday, May 17, 2009


There was a lot going on.

Here are my sister Melissa and my friend Steph who agreed that, yes, it would be fun to spend Saturday at Macy's and see the 15 women who got their Clinton Kelley makeovers and maybe, just maybe meet the man himself.

I really wouldn't have put this shot up there, except that when I took the photo, they both made comments about how I'd be slapping them up on my knitting blog, So yep, here you are. And don't you look pretty? Guess which one's my sis.


Anyways, we were pretty surprised when we realized that about 600 other people had the same idea. Really, over 600. Maybe even more. Checking things out a few hours before showtime, we see the line snaking OUT of Macys and DOWN the mall. Crazy. It made us rethink the cocktail idea, which was a little sad, but necessary. If we wanted to be in front.


In front we were. As in In Front of all the other standing people. But it was a great spot. In fact, we were in such a good place that the chick in front of us (here with the gray tee shirt and bad sports bra lines) is who he finds to bring up on stage.

Poor thing. But hilarious. I think she had fun too, even though he pretty much ripped her head to toe. First comment out of his mouth is whether she's ever had a professional bra fitting. (I'm betting she has by now.) But you know, she showed up wearing the sports bra, the kinda short tank top, the velour pantsuit with the jacket tied around her waist AND the strappy heeled sandals. We thought she may have been a plant - but she wasn't.

Then there was some fabulous hair. Sadly, this might be my favorite photo of the day. We agreed this is the ultimate mullet -- the business in the front, the party in the back. Or as my sister put it, out of business in the front, party in the back. (That little braid keeps a going.. and a going - it's quite the look)

And, there was a fabulous bargain - A $335 dress for... wait for it... $34. And then 20% more off because my Macy's card had expired and needed to be redone. so $28!!

Plus, if you spent $100, you got a free copy of Clinton's book - to be signed. So this little dress coupled with my friend Steph's dress got us a free book. And since it was one of the last books, we missed the long line and I did meet the man himself. Which was also fabulous. We did not get to chat about knits. Actually, I forgot all about wearing my green sweater. We talked about buying clothes at thrift stores. So sorry.

In fact, it was a pretty knitless day - except this got posted so now this is finished and available for download. It's the orignial cardigan I made for Maya that eventually led to the adult version - or my Nantucket Red, and it's now available on Ravelry and on the sidebar here.

Do you guys think you'd want to buy both together - like a Mother/Daughter deal if I made a "package" option that would save a few bucks for the two? Or am I living back in the 70s and no one does that anymore?

anyways....

Now I'm about to finish up Kingscot and make some button decisions!




5 comments:

puffthemagicrabbit said...

See, my guess would have been your sister would have had her face obscured somehow...

Wow- you guys are brave- sounds like it was a lot of fun.

Off to cast on a cranberry colored swatch...

Carol said...

Vague comment but I have the exact same green shirt as your friend on the left. I got mine on sale at Anthropologie. Her?

Hilary said...

I guess that the one on the right is your sister. You and she have a similar hair color.

Looks like such a fun day! I would love to meet Clinton!

yoel said...

Sounds like you had a great time!

I don't know about the matching mother-daughter sweaters. Better ask someone who has kids...

Holli said...

Clinton? I love him!